Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New things coming to Darlybird and a fetchin' awes recipe to boot

Hi friends! I've been a bit out of the loop lately; i.e., I'm pregnant and have been feeling sick-o. So things on Darlybird.com haven't been updated as quickly and well as I would like, and I have been neglecting darlyblog to the enth degree.

Just thought I'd let you know that I just went to the San Francisco International Gift Fair and found some amazing things! Get ready for lots of cute to be coming your way via Darlybird. And, I've got a little sale up my sleeve for the 1st anniversary of Darlybird. I'll let you know when it's closer to the actual date, August 15th. For now, enjoy this fab recipe:

Raspberry Streusel Muffins


BATTER:
1.5 c flour
.25 c granulated sug
.25 c packed brown sug
2 tsp baking pwdr
.25 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
.5 c butter, melted
.5 c milk
1.25 c fresh raspberries (I substituted frozen in a pinch, but added some fresh blueberries)
1 tsp lemon zest


STREUSEL TOPPING:
.5 c chopped pecans
.5 c packed brown sug
.25 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 TBS butter, melted

GLAZE:
.5 c powdered sug
1 TBS fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with liners
2. Mix wet and then dry ingred together, add berries at the very end. Don't overmix.
3. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
4. Combine ingred of streusel topping and sprinkle mixture evenly over muffins.
5. Bake until nicely browned and firm, 20-25 mins.
6. Mix glaze and drizzle over warm muffins with a spoon. Serve warm. Or cold. DIVINE!

2 comments:

jessica said...

If we get raspberries again in our CSA share, I am definitely giving these a try!

shoeaddict said...

Cannot wait for NEW Darlybird!! I'm really obsessed.