Friday, December 26, 2014

Pumpkin Hummus / Beet Hummus Recipes

'Twas the night before I left town and all through my mind... was the impression that there was more food to make and gifts to give! So I ran to the store, grabbed some disposable containers and a few cans of garbanzo beans, and set to work making beet and pumpkin hummuses. I've made beet before (pictured), and it is delicious and so vibrant! This was my first time trying pumpkin hummus and it was perfectly savory and rich with rosemary. I cut down index cards to fit the lids, wrote out labels, dabbed some gold paint on the edges, and taped them to the lids.

Then I gifted myself some hummus. How could I not?

These hummuses are great on crackers or pita chips, sandwiches, veggies, etc. Perhaps try it with your turkey/ham leftover sandwiches from your holiday feast!

Hummus is so simple to make. All you really need to invest in is a food processor or blender, and a bottle of tahini sauce (which will last you quite a few batches). Like I said, to make this hummus, all I really had to do was go out and buy more cans of garbanzo beans/chickpeas (I looked it up and they're the same, or at least taste just the same in hummus). I had beets already because they were on sale last week at Sprouts, and I had pumpkin leftover from making pumpkin spice muffins the day before. This turned out to be the perfect last minute gift for me to give.

Have you ever tried hummus? What do you like to eat it with? Have you made any other variations?

Pumpkin hummus recipe from Pinch of Yum, beet hummus recipe from A Cozy Kitchen.

No comments: